Thursday, April 11, 2013

HOOKED!

This past weeks challenge with +LaDenna Lawrence was to make 5 greeting cards-Mother's Day/all occasion.  We do card challenges the first week of the month to cover the next month's holidays/birthdays.  This has helped me tremendously with getting nice handmade cards out on time. I'm hoping at some point to start building stock so I can start selling them.  

I love card making!  Until now, I've never ventured outside my comfort zone of plain folded cards. For the challenge, I learned to make easel cards.  I AM HOOKED!  They are such fun to make. I have seen different styles but decided to get this one down before attempting the others.

I did these "Bee Happy" ones first and learned what to do and what not to do. First and foremost,  measure correctly when scoring!  : )  Also, mat your pictures,  etc....  They look so much nicer as you can see between these and the ones posted below.




The easel cards fold flat and fit in a regular envelope.


These are a couple of miscellaneous cards I made out of scraps.

No challenge this week!  I am going to Amarillo to visit LaDenna!  Can't wait-I miss crafting with her since she moved several years ago.  

HAVE to sneak a pic of my new great granddaughter in here!  :  )
 Emma Joy

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your input and suggestions! Thank you for taking the time to comment!