Thursday, September 26, 2013

AWESOME CHALLENGE RESULTS!

It's been over a week since my last post.  I was on a mini vacation at +LaDenna Lawrence 's in Amarillo.  We had a great time as usual-eating, crafting, shopping and laughing.
I've also been working on updating my "Where I Party" page.  I haven't figured out the html stuff yet and don't know how to make all my buttons uniform so I ended up doing links. It will have to do until I learn a little more!

While at LaDenna's we did several side-by-side challenges. It's always interesting to see what each of us do using the same materials.  
We got new Cricut cartridges and made cards.  Neither of us had ever made window cards; but they came out so pretty!!  We used Creative Cards and Wild Cards 2. 





 I love the way these bird cage window cards turned out! 


Inside of cards


My favorite of the above window cards is Santa peeking through the window!  (oops-got it in there twice!)

Inside


This is an altered Altoid tin.  Again, I used my new cartridge.





 We went "shopping" in LaDenna's garage and found some old frames.  I made the birdcage (I love them lately!) from the new cart.  I can already see this cartridge is going to be used a LOT!
The 'shelf' is painted and glittered cardboard.


 And I think this is my favorite piece of all!  As most of you know-I LOVE coffee!  This will be perfect in my kitchen once I get it painted!  Love it!!!

Here are a few of LaDenna's items so that you can see our different perceptions of each project.


This is her Altoid tin.  I love the lady!



One of her re-cycled frames.  This turned out super cute!!

And the other re-cycled frame.  We both did coffee projects; but they are so totally different!

Next week's challenge was chosen by LaDenna:


This should be INTERESTING!!


Thank you SO much for stopping by and letting me share our crafts with you!  




6 comments:

  1. I love doing crafts too! I haven't done them in a while but I like to do things in with my kids stuff..pictures, ballet shoes, etc. When we move soon, I will be all geared up again to do more DIY home stuff!

    Rosalyn
    www.just2fancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming by! I hope you get to crafting soon! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I love the coffee cups. Actually I love it all. Sounds like you had fun. Thanks for sharing at SSS Hop
    Sew Crafty Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thanks for stopping by! : )

      Delete
  4. I love the bird cages too. This is all pretty fabulous!!

    I'm visiting today from Super Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you and thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your input and suggestions! Thank you for taking the time to comment!