Wednesday, May 22, 2013

"OKLAHOMA........

....where the wind comes sweeping down the plains".

And sweep it did!  This is the first line of the song OKLAHOMA-a very popular Broadway play and movie.

I was born in Oklahoma 57 years ago and lived here all my life.  I have never seen anything like the devastation that is left after the F5 tornado ripped through Moore, OK.  They had been hit hard before, but not like this.  So many lives taken and many that were so young and had a whole life time in front of them.  But you never know when that life time will come to an end.  I grieve for the parents and families that lost love ones.  Houses and things can be replaced- people cannot.

  This devastation goes on for 17 miles.

 This is one of the teachers that laid over her students to protect them.

And so many pets that need to be located.

  I was in Amarillo visiting my crafting buddy, +LaDenna Lawrence  when I learned of this tragedy.  My husband and son were home and were calling me telling me what was going on.  It made me sick.  My house is Northeast of Moore,  and we were in the path but the tornado lifted short of us.  Thank God.

The people of Oklahoma (and the world) are banding together to help and start cleaning/rebuilding.  So much generosity here in this state.  

I ask that you keep Oklahoma in your thoughts and prayers in the coming days, weeks and months.  It's going to be a long hard road, but it can and will be done.

Here are a couple of ways you can help if you so choose:


You can donate $10 to the Red Cross by texting “Red Cross” to 90999.  Remember every cent counts!



Website to donate:  RED CROSS.



Thank you for taking time to visit me and please continue to pray for this great state! 



 OOOOk-lahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain,
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, When the wind comes right behind the rain.
OOOOk-lahoma, Ev'ry night my honey lamb and I, Sit alone and talk and watch a hawk makin' lazy circles in the sky.

We know we belong to the land (yo-ho)
And the land we belong to is grand!
And when we say
Yeeow! Aye-yip-aye-yo-ee-ay!
We're only sayin'
You're doin' fine, Oklahoma!
Oklahoma O.K.!

 


  *****Pictures via Google

2 comments:

  1. good info Pam! glad you are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jody! And thanks for visiting. : )

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your input and suggestions! Thank you for taking the time to comment!