Monday, June 17, 2013

LOOKING BACK at Gifts Given

Good Monday morning!
Thank you to all that visited my blog from hops over the weekend!  I appreciate and thank your for your  time!  

This Monday, I'm looking back at gifts I have made and given.  Most of these were given as Christmas gifts a couple of years ago.  
I made several of these cookie jars.  The bottom is an inverted clay pot, then a glass fish bowl, and topping it is an inverted clay saucer.  I painted them to match everyone's kitchens.  Now, to make myself one!  How many of you make and make for everyone else and never do for yourself?!!  lol

This was a gift to my son and DIL.  It's a 12x12" wall hanging of them and their children.  I love the way it turned out!

I made this one for my friend +LaDenna Lawrence .  The butterflies are 2 dimensional.  I, myself, would like one of these for my living room!

 My great grandson, Carson, was the recipient of this name plaque.  I did a ton of these!  He thought he was a little rock star, so that is the theme I went with.  It's made from a 1x4" piece of scrap lumber.  I decoupaged the paper on and added embellishments.

 These were not gifts.  I did make these for myself!  The altered journal I used for my orders and notes.  To see inside, click HERE.  The dress form was a paper mache one that my friend gave me.  I decorated it and made the hat a pin cushion to put some of my handmade stick pins in.  I absolutely love it!

I have made more gifts than I can count!  I've tried the last few years to get back to handmade for birthdays and Christmases.  And will continue this in the future.

I have SO many crafts to show off!  lol  It's hard to pick just a few each week!  lol

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to stop by, look and comment!  I love comments!  But don't we all?!  lol
Have a great week; and I will see you back here for the challenge reveal on Thursday!
==================================
Please continue to pray for Oklahoma tornado victims.  Ways to help: 

You can donate $10 to the Red Cross by texting “Red Cross” to 90999.  Remember every cent counts!
 
 =========================================

8 comments:

  1. I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight. http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/. Hope you will join us! Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite! Headed there now! : )

      Delete
  2. Hi Pam! Thanks for visiting me via Let's Get Social Sunday and for following me. I am now following you. Love the gifts you have made. I love giving and receiving homemade items. They always mean so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam! Thank you for joining our Let's Get Social Sunday Party! Have a wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great gifts! I love the L and butterflies! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna and thanks for coming by!!

      Pam

      Delete

I love getting your input and suggestions! Thank you for taking the time to comment!